Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Migration North

Today is an unofficial state holiday in Michigan. In fact, it's an official holiday in many areas... there are several school districts closed today. I may actually be the only guy at work in the entire state, because today is opening day of deer hunting season. Yesterday the highways were packed with hunters traveling north. Today the woods are packed with hunters sleeping in their deer blinds. Not really my thing... I guess I've never considered it a sport, but it doesn't bother me either. A lot of people really enjoy it, and that's fine with me. I'd rather be out in the woods enjoying nature, not killing it, but that's just me. Now if the deer also had guns, that would make it much more interesting...


Side note:
Last night while I was channel surfing I stumbled across a show on the G4 network that caught my eye, so I had to watch it for a few minutes. I think it was called American Ninja. I only watched a little of it, so I didn't get all of the details. It looked like a contest G4 held to find two people to send to Japan to compete on the Ninja Warrior game show. The first person they chose was Colin, a student going to school at Michigan State :-). The second person they chose was Brett from Greenville, South Carolina. Well of course at this point the show had my attention. It looks like MXC... Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, but they take it seriously. There are a bunch of physical challenges the contestants have to go through to see who the top "ninja" is. I didn't get to see the second half of the show, so I don't know how the two Americans did, but I thought it was pretty interesting anyways ;-)

No comments: