Monday, November 26, 2007

The Grind

Ahhhh... back to work. Nothing better than being met at the door with the old "My computer says it has a virus so I need you to come look at this." At least let me get to my office first and put my stuff down, people. I'm thinking the extended weekend wasn't extended long enough. I wish I could have stayed in bed where it was cozy.

Now, to play a little catch up...

Lions

Ugh... same old Lions. I must be a masochist. I hope they can keep it interesting for the rest of the season. I'm not asking for much, just to stay competitive. Give us a glimmer of hope for the playoffs, thats all. Three more wins would do it, but I know that's gonna be tough, especially with the schedule they have left. I'm not gonna give up hope though.

Black Friday

You wouldn't catch me out in that crazy mob. I guess I'll just miss out on all those great deals. This year everyone had the added bonus of getting up early to go shopping in 11 degree weather (at least that's what it was when I woke up at 8:00). I even heard that people had started lining up at Best Buy on Thursday at 3:00 in the afternoon... Wow. One thing that really bothers me are the stores that think they have to run sales on Thanksgiving day. I won't name any names (although Meijer's is one that comes to mind), but you really can wait for Black Friday like everyone else. It's bad enough your employees have to deal with the misery of Friday, so don't make them work on Thanksgiving too. These people have families they want to be with, so cut them some slack. I understand that some people have to work on holidays, but this seems obnoxious to me.

Midland High School

Congrats to Midland High School. They had a great season, but unfortunately they lost the championship game to Detroit MLK. Midland had the lead at half time and made it an exciting game, but they just couldn't hold on. Still, those kids will have great memories of their season and getting to play at Ford Field.

Very Cool

A brand new Futurama comes out on DVD tomorrow... "Bender's Big Score." I'll be gettin' it :-)

No comments: