Monday, November 19, 2007

Christmas Overkill

I love Christmas as much as anyone (maybe even more), but there is a pet peeve* of mine that has been bothering me. We have a radio station that started playing Christmas music 24/7... the day after HALLOWEEN!!! There are several people in my neighborhood that set up decorations a couple of weeks ago as well. To me, the Christmas season starts the day after Thanksgiving, and not a moment before that. No decorations, no music, no TV shows... nuthin'. Christmas is special... and fun... but it gets cheapened and diluted when the season starts so early. One month of Christmas is just fine.


A few other thoughts...

I survived the weekend, and I'm OK. I did way to much housework though. I also replaced a window and re-caulked a shower, so I'm not completely useless.

Yay Spartans!!!... Looks like we are going to a bowl :-). And what a shame... the team from Ann Arbor just couldn't pull this one out... that's too bad (sorry, my sarcasm is overflowing a bit here). My other college teams didn't do so good this weekend though :-(. Neither did the Lions. They are looking more and more like the same old Lions. Well, before the season I said I'd be thrilled with 8-8 and I'll stick to that, but it will be a painful way to get to 8-8 (at this rate they might not even make it).

Congratulations to Midland High School. They beat Lowell this weekend, and are going to play for a state championship at Ford Field against Detroit Martin Luther King. I went to Dow High, so Midland was the big rival. I have a lot of friends that went to Midland or have ties to the school, and it's exciting for the community, so good luck to the Chemics this week ;-)

No comments: