Thursday, December 6, 2007

So Sad

Omaha, Nebraska... My heart goes out to the friends and families of the victims, along with the entire community. Such a senseless tragedy. These types of things always make me feel so sick inside, and I haven't been doing all that great as it is, so I'm sending my sympathy and condolences.

Why I don't watch the news... Headlines from the last 24 hours:

Mall shooter's suicide note: Now I'll be famous
2 moms, 8 dead kids: Are officials to blame?
Mother suspected of killing her five children
Germany children killed
Mom and daughter shot
Mine explosion kills 46 in China
Thieves steal donations

How depressing. It shouldn't be called news, it should be called BAD news, because that's all that gets reported. This, along with the Middle East, the economy, idiot politicians, oil prices, terrorism, Britney and Paris... Ugh, I'm making myself sick.

We now interrupt this regularly scheduled chaos to go back to my place with nice happy thoughts... Ahhh, much better. Thanks ;-)

Now for a few updates on a lighter note...

Fantasy Football Update

I made the playoffs in all three of my leagues, even though one was by a technicality ;-) I guess it's ok considering I haven't been following it very closely this year. Too distracted I guess.

Weather Update

Cold, windy, a little snow on the ground... so far so good :-) We're supposed to get a couple more inches tonight. I hope it keeps up like this.

Try to keep those happy thoughts going, we need all we can get right now...

No comments: