Monday, September 10, 2007

How About Those Lions!!!

Detroit Lions 36
Oakland Raiders 21

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the Detroit Lions are well on their way to breaking my heart again. My initial reaction is that they looked good, other than that little 3rd & 4th quarter collapse that not only allowed Oakland back in the game, but to come back from a 17 point deficit to take the lead. Ultimately, the Lions stepped up and won a game that in years past they would have lost after giving up that big lead. Any type of road win in the NFL is big, so I'm happy about the result. Calvin Johnson looked good. Hopefully Matt Millen finally got a draft pick right. I don't even want to bring up how good Charles Rogers looked in his first game... I'm sure we won't have a repeat of that (I hope, I hope, I hope...) The entire offense looked good, and the defense made plays when they needed too. However, I'm trying to not get too excited... there were several chinks in the armor on Sunday. The turnovers were painful, although I know that's part of the deal with Mike Martz's offense. Also, to let Oakland back into the game after seemingly dominating them for the first half was concerning. And why the hell didn't anyone cover Ronald Curry?

Well, we are 1-0... But remember, Oakland was the worst team in the whole NFL last year. I know, the Lions only finished one spot higher, by somehow beating the Cowboys on the last day of the season. If Calvin Johnson works out, and JaMarcus Russell flops, then it will have been worth it.

Anyways, only 9 wins to go to get to Jon Kitna's prediction. Let's hope next week at home against the Vikings goes as well... then I will really be on my way to having my heart broke this year...

No comments: