Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fantasy Football... So far, so good

Week 1 went well for my fantasy football teams. I'm 3-0, winning my opening game in all three of my leagues. I won't bore anyone with the details, but I guess I could since no one is reading this anyways...

If you are looking to make some changes to your roster, here are some of my thoughts on potential waiver wire moves...

QB's... Ones to look at

Jake Delhomme, Carolina... If he's still out there, grab him

Jeff Garcia, Tampa Bay... I still think there is potential there. Remember what Jon Gruden did with Rich Gannon in Oakland.

Trent Green, Miami... Home against Dallas next week, and Dallas didn't do much to shut down the passing game in week 1

Matt Schaub, Houston... He has some weapons to work with if he can get time to throw

QB's... Ones to be careful with

David Garrard, Jacksonville... Offense is too conservative

Tavaris Jackson, Minnesota... Too young

Jason Campbell... Too young AND offense is too conservative


QB's... Ones to stay away from

Josh McCown, Oakland... Come on, it was the Lions secondary. He's playing at Denver next week, and that will be a whole different story

Joey Harrington, Atlanta... 'nuf said

RB's... Ones to look at

Chris Brown, Tennessee... He had a big week, but he's still gonna split carries with LenDale White, so don't set your hopes too high... but get him if you can anyways

Derrick Ward, New York Giants... Should see the ball a lot while Brandon Jacobs is out with an injury, but with Eli Manning out it will be more difficult to find running lanes

Micheal Turner, San Diego... If you have a way to hide him on your roster, do it. If LaDanian Tomlinson ever got hurt, this guy would be gold

WR's... One's to look at

Ronald Curry, Oakland... 10 catches for 133 yards. He looks to be Josh McCown's favorite receiver. Of course I guessed wrong at my drafts and picked Jerry Porter as one of my sleepers... I guess I was on the right track though

Patrick Crayton, Dallas... With Terry Glenn out, Crayton may get some decent stats, especially if Dallas keeps throwing the ball like they did on Sunday

Derrick Mason, Baltimore... I hate wide receivers from Baltimore's offense, but he had seven catches, and still is Steve McNair's favorite target

Kevin Curtis, Philly... I still think he can have a good year in Philly if Donovan McNabb stays healthy. Some one will take charge in the receiving corps, and Curtis could do it

Nate Burleson, Seattle... May get more playing time with D.J. Hackett injured, but Bobby Engram still is in the mix. Besides, Seattle's wide receivers did pretty much nothing last week, so don't put him too high on your list

Shaun McDonald, Detroit... He had a good game, but he is still the fourth option in Detroit behind Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey. Even Detroit's TE had 45 yards, and that production can't keep up all year, so dont expect too much week to week

No comments: