Friday, May 29, 2009

The Impressive Sights of Midland

I spent much of last weekend riding all over Midland on my bike. I know, I know... Midland's pretty boring... but I like to get out on my bike and explore. One of the places I checked out was Overlook Park on Poseyville Road. Someone had the great idea to build a park that gives a great scenic view of one of Midland's most beautiful landscapes... No, not the Chippewa Nature Center or the Tridge or even the Rail Trail. This park gives a "breathtaking" view of the Dow Chemical Company.

http://www.midlandonline.com/wwwroot/moladmin/articles/articledisplay.cfm?art_id=80

The park overlooks pretty much all of Dow's Midland production facilities as well as what I think was supposed to be the cooling pond for the nuclear power plant that was never completed. It was eventually converted over to natural gas.

No, I didn't see any three eyed fish, but I was looking. Anyways, this park has several little informational signs giving details about Dow and the park and the local environment.

As I was reading one of these signs I spotted a part of the text that my beautiful grammar ninja would love:

Nice proofreading job guys. It only takes one click to run that spell checker. And no, "amd" is NOT referring to the microprocessor company. I had to chuckle just a little...

No comments: