Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A quiet return with a promising Outlook...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I guess now is as good a time as any. I'm not gonna go into the details of the past half year... we'll save that for the upcoming novel ;-) We'll just jump back into my normal inane, pointless rambling...

I've noticed several people searching my blog for help with Microsoft Outlook and the auto fill option so I'd like to add to that a little. I noticed a search from someone that DIDN'T want to use the auto fill option. I think they were looking for the way to turn it off. Here's a quick overview on how to disable that feature (at least in MS Outlook 2003, the version I'm using... and yes, I know it's getting old)

Select "Tools" from the pull down menu and click on "Options..."



Click on the button labeled "E-mail Options..." at the top in the E-mail section



Click on the button labeled "Advanced E-mail Options..." in the middle of the window


Remove the check mark in the box next to the line "Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields" toward the bottom of the window


Click on the "OK" button on all of the windows until you are back to your Outlook window

The auto fill option is now turned off... YAY!!!!


PS... Snowman... East bound and down... Have a good trip

No comments: