Monday, July 9, 2007

About Me

I'm a lost soul... a dreamer... a thinker... trapped in the pigeon hole of a very conventional life. I have wandered down this course because I always seem to take on the tasks that no one else can do, or wants to do. One of my self inflicted struggles comes from the fact that I am typically successful at most everything I attempt. This fact has resulted in another character flaw; a schizophrenic tendency. As a result, I still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up... and I'm trying to avoid growing up at all costs. In reality however, that is something I probably should have done 20 years ago. But dammit, I'm gonna hold onto it as long as I can.


I was born in the 60's, and I'm a child of the 80's. I slacked too much in high school, and I worked too hard in college. I haven't taken enough time to smell the flowers, and I'm getting old enough to realize some regret because of it. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I actually know. I don't know if I was meant for such a conventional life, but I've always done what was expected of me. So that sums up in a nutshell the disjointed nature that will be apparent in this blog. Please bear with me while I sort all of this out.


Some of my entries will be technical, because that's what I've convinced everyone I do (for now, anyways). I run an Information Technology department at a small company. Well actually I am the Information Technology department... It just sounds better when people think you have some clout. A good majority of what I do is not technology related... I usually work on problems other people need help figuring out, regardless of the topic. As a result, I know a lot about all the different areas of the company. I’m a "Jack of all trades" in effect, which makes things very interesting, and frustrating at the same time. At least I always have something new to deal with on a daily basis.


As long as I don't get bored and move on to something else, I will use this blog to talk about fun things, useful things, pointless things, and maybe philosophize once in a while. Besides, no one will read it but me, so if nothing else, it will be a cheap form of therapy. If you do happen to stumble across this garbled disaster of words and have any thoughts, please leave me a comment. I'd love to know if there is anyone else that connects to anything I have to say.


-Chock

No comments: